Search This Blog

Friday 6 July 2012

I'm Back......!

Hi everyone,

Oh dear!!! Looks like I failed getting back into blogging!  Looking at the post below, its been almost a year!  Oops!


I've had a bit of a nightmare trying to get used to this new blogger which is linked in with my Google+ account!  I was struggling with the previous 'new' version, which is partly why I gave up in the end with posting!  I have almost got it to how I want it - it will just have to do for now.

So, what have I been up to since last October I hear you ask? (If anyone still bothers to look at my blog, I don't blame you if you don't!)
The answer to this question is quite long! I think i'll just start with 2012!
My husband Mark and I have done a lot of jet setting recently, due to a business trip and our 1st Wedding Anniversary!  I can't believe how quickly the year has gone since our wedding last May.

Our first trip abroad was to Allen, Texas.  It's basically just outside Dallas and if i'm honest, just as boring.  But I managed to do a few shopping trips, so can't complain!  This was for Marks business trip.  We decided as we were not too far from Georgia that we would pay a visit to see my friends once Mark has finished his work.  So after a week in Allen we got on another plane to Atlanta!  Having not been to Atlanta before and not seeing my friend since my wedding, I was rather excited to be there to say the least...!  Georgia is beautiful, lovely and green and everything is layed out so neatly but doesn't all look the same in most places!
My friends in Atlanta, GA - April 2012
 We had a lovely long weekend with our friends and I was very lucky to be with Jen when she chose her wedding dress! The happy couple are getting married in a few months time and i'm honoured to be their Bridesmaid!  I also got to pick my dress too, which was great.  Counting down the day's until their special day!
Jupiter, FL - April 2012
After our long weekend in Atlanta, we then drove all the way down to South Florida to see some friends!   I think the drive was about 8 hours in total after a few stops along the way down the Turnpike!  I even had a go at driving, which I was really proud of!  It was very odd being on the wrong side of the car and the wrong side of the road all at once, but it's good to force yourself to do these things in life, otherwise you miss out!


Universal Studios, Orlando, FL - May 2012
 We then drove back up Florida to Orlando where we paid Harry Potter World a visit at Universal Studios!  I was SO excited!! It was done so well.  When we went a few years ago, it was supposed to have opened but it got delayed by a week so we just missed it.  I'm so glad we got to go back again.  The ride was really good, but I think next time i'll take some motion sickness tablets!! 


We then drove back up to Georgia again and spent another weekend with our friends and then flew back home. :o(  It was a very busy 2 weeks!!

Our 1st Wedding Anniversary - Dominican Republic - May 2012
Our Wedding Day - 28th May 2011


Our next trip was for out first wedding anniversary!  We decided to book a last minute deal so we could go somewhere really nice at an affordable price!! We ended up booking a 2 week holiday to Costa Dorada, Dominican Republic in the Carribean.  We had a wonderful time and it was brilliant weather for the whole 2 weeks.  I even have my tan still, despite this horrible english weather!!

Once we got back we decided to knuckle down and get on with finishing the garden.  As you will see from my previous post it was coming together quite nicely, but it was a lot of hard work and rather expencive!!

Our Garden - July 2012

I have now pretty much finished the garden and we are both really pleased with the end result, especially now summer is here and I could make up my pots and hanging baskets!  They are gradually blooming, but it's taking a bit longer as the sun won't come out for long!  All I need now is a weeks worth of hot weather so I can sand down and re-paint the decking and then I will be happy! 
Anyway, enough of my waffling about life!
Hope you're all well and look forward to speaking with you all again soon, hopefully!

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

Hi Lou - good to see you blogging again

Kathyk

Kathyk said...

Forgot to say that I enjoyed Savannah, GA too as well as the same Bubba Gumps (Universal?) and Hogwarts!!

Say Hi to Mark too

Kathyk

Blog Archive