Mark, my OH bought me this fab tool for Xmas, and after a few goes I think I have pretty much mastered it!
It really makes your cards look professional, you can buy it from these people: http://www.hotfoilwizard.co.uk/hot_foil_wizard_home_crafting_thehotfoilprintwizard.html
What you do (from top left to right):
- Start with Wording printed on Vellum from computer, Special Silver Foil, Item you plan to print on which for me was velvet style card and of course the Wizard itself which is heating up!
- Stick with tape,the layered vellum word, foil then card.
- Start writing with the Hot Foil Print Wizard fairly slowly on top of the vellum.
- Once you have finished that you get an indent in the vellum so you can see where you have been..or not!
- Silver foil has been melted onto card.
- Lift vellum and foil up to see what writing has come out like and if you have missed any bits! (I had'nt fortunately, but if I had you can stick it back down and go over the bits you have missed - fairly easy!)