Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Thank goodness for that..................


This cross stitch, everyone,  has been the bane of my life for the past 11 months.  I first decided to give cross stitch a try just over a year ago and did a mini flower sampler which I found relatively easy.  I then found out a good friend was getting married, and decided I'd go from small to big!  What a mistake!  I gave myself 2 months to finish this particular 'project' in time for the wedding, but failed miserably as you can see....I have finished it nearly a year to the day!  I was practically ripping my hair out trying to finish this in time,but the back stitch defeated me and I had to turn up to the wedding with just a card and an apology letter!  I then shoved Tatty Teddy in a bag in the wardrobe and tried to forget about it for nearly a year! But it still haunted me! lol  I then arranged to see the bride this weekend, last week, and decided that it was time to get the dreaded thing out of the wardrobe and finish it off, so I could give it to her.  She has no idea what it is, only that I have made it!

Those of you on Craftbubble that have seen my stressed post and offered advice and encouragement, I just want to say a massive thank you to you all.  I think I would have thrown it in the bin without you!  I also would like to say a massive thanks to my Fiance, Mark, who has put up with miserable stressy me whilst doing this project!! He also did the wording for me, and I think he has done a spectacular job!  I would love his patience!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely Lou ... I have never tried cross stitch I think it takes too much time and when I start something I want to finish it on the same day :) he he hugs xxx

Katie L Oakley said...

YAY! Glad you finished it hun! :D It looks fab, and the frame is gorg to! Your friend will LOVE it I am sure! xx

Debs M said...

it looks fab honey but stay away from tatty ted! it's evil! x

Blog Archive