Search This Blog

Monday 15 March 2010

My first Easel Card!


Hi everyone,

Well, this is my first attempt at an Easel Card.  I absolutely loved making it.  It was such fun!!

It's my little brothers 21st Birthday on Saturday, and my Mum asked me to make a special card for her to give to him, so I thought this would be perfect!  I love it so much though that I want to give it to him instead! haha

If you have never given this style of card a go, you really must!! Here are some instructions for you to follow (I hope they make sense!):

1) Get yourself a nice square card and cut yourself a square out of some card to make your easel.
2) Fold one side of the square card in half so you have a mountain fold.
3) Stick some double sided tape on the front of the mountain fold so you can attach the square you have cut out.
4) Decorate!!!
5) Make sure you put a Gromet or similar in the middle of the base of the card so it supports the easel.

If that doesn't make sense, there are plenty of videos on youtube to watch and be inspired by! :o)

Anyway, bedtime for me!

Thanks for popping by.


4 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A great card,Lou.

Katie L Oakley said...

Lovely :) I am addicted to making these cards lol xx

Lori said...

Lou, this is FANTASTIC!!! Your brother is gonna love it : )

I am finally going to tackle making an easel card. I must be the last person on the face of the earth to make one!!! It's for a challenge so I HAVE to - lol! I love the look, I just haven't taken the plunge yet. Thanks for your inspiration, my sweet friend.

I've been looking for ya... Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Love and hugs ~ Lori

Kathyk said...

Easels are very on trend - this is a lovely example, Lou
Kathy

Blog Archive