Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Flippin' Men cards..


I like the Flippin' Men range. I find it pretty difficult to get ideas for mens cards and these really help me out! As you can see, I have been pretty busy!! August is a manic Birthday month for Mark and I, and we have a few special ones this month, Marks Uncle is the big 70 and his boss is 50! I hope they like these cards! They took me over an hour each to make......!!



I'd be interested in hearing from anyone else who makes these using the proper aperture cards as it says in the instructions to use 3mm thick foam pads, which I found were still to small and ended up doubling them up to make 6mm! Works much better! Have you had the same problem? It's probably just me! hehe


The backing papers I used were from a set I bought from Costco. They are 2 sided which came in very handy as you can see! The aperture I had to cut out I just turned around and stuck down! I got the buttons from the 99p shop. They came in a pack of 5 with about 20 buttons in 3 different colours! 50 buttons for 99p isnt bad really is it!! I'd head down to your local 99p shop and grab some! They have a whole range of colours!! The felt letters 'DAD' were from a pack of PaperMania stash I had laying about, and they really add a finishing touch I think!

3 comments:

Kit said...

Great card Lou, they are great mens cards

scrappyjacky said...

These are brilliant for men,Lou.....I always have trouble with men's cards....much prefer doing cutie ones.

Anne said...

Wow! This cards is brilliant! The images are great++ ! =)

Greetings from Anne (Norway)

Blog Archive