Search This Blog

Sunday 28 March 2010

My entry for the Fairy Fun Fridays challenge blog...

Hi everyone,

I thought I would enter my first Fairy Fun Fridays challenge blog today!  Head over and join in as there are some free digi images up for grabs if your the winners and they are all gorgeous!

Anyway, I had to make my good friend Gita a Birthday card as it's on the 2nd of April and I thought to myself, why not do an easel card!?  I love them.  They are so fun and so easy to make.  Plus they are really affective I think!



Unfortunately, you can't see from the photo that the writing is in metallic pink!  It looks groovy!!  I used the good old Hot Foil Print Wizard ;o)  Love that tool! In case you are wondering where the papers are from that I used, they were freebies from last months Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine.  They always have beautiful papers as freebies.  I used my brand new Martha Stewart Doily Lace Trim Double-Edge Punch too! And the butterflies are made with her punch and clear stamps too!

Hope you all like my easel card, I am pleased with the end result anyway!

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Lou! Love the colors!

Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

xoxox

Penny said...

This is lovely, thanks for sharing.
You know you should add this to Aifactory Challenge too, as you nailed the criteria which was Easel and Lace.

Great work!
Pen

Lori said...

{Gasp} you have that Tilda!!! I was looking for it. This is adorable, Lou! Love those butterflies too : ) And I'm so proud of you for entering Fairy Fun Fridays this week - yay!!! Come back again, k?
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Unknown said...

Love your card Lou, it's really pretty. I think I'll go have a look. I never tried an easel card before. Tnks xxx

scrappyjacky said...

A gorgeous card,Lou...I'm sure she'll love it.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Gita will love it!


Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Fab card. I love these easel cards. They seem to be very popular at the moment.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word this is stunning Tilda is my first love and she looks awesome your design and colours are quite beautiful I love that lace punch effect (I just treated myself to this one haven't used it yet) I love this so much thank you for joining us at Prairie Fairy this week
Hugs
Lorraine x

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous easel card Lou and love the design of the scalloped edged card and the colours are beautiful,
Thank you for joining us over at Prairie Fairy Friday this week.
Hugs Linda

margaret corrias said...

ciao sono Margaret complimenti per il tuo blog e per i tuoi lavori

Kelly said...

Beautiful card, you matched your colors up wonderfully. Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays.

Kelly (DT)

Cor* said...

I gotta get me one of the martha stewart punches!!! I absolutely adore the butterfly theme as well! Thanks for playing at FFF !

Kathyk said...

Gita will love it - like the rest of us!
Kathyk

Sharon Noble said...

Oh Lou i think this is just stunning .
have a brilliant holiday
hugs Sharon x

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Lou, thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog and for becoming a follower, I already follow Cowgirl, didn't realise you had another blog. Love your card, gorgeous layout. Hugs n Love Suzi x

Blog Archive