Search This Blog

Monday 22 June 2009

Lynn and Mark's wedding card

I've been making this card for my friends wedding day using scrap pieces left over from her wedding dress. I cannot tell you how difficult I found it sticking the netting stuff to the card. I used vellum dots, but it was a mission! Her bridesmaid dresses were olive green so I thought the ribbon was quite appropriate! I hope she likes it.
I have been doing a Tatty Teddy cross stitch as the wedding present, which unfortunately, I haven't managed to finish yet, but I'm getting there. Many problems with it! When its finished, I will show it off to you all. I am pleased with it, as its my first proper cross stitch. I didn't enjoy doing it though, at all!
Mark and I had a lovely evening on Saturday at the wedding, and I really enjoyed getting all dressed up, as it doesn't happen very often! I also saw people I used to work with a few years ago before I moved away, who I hadn't seen since I left, and it was lovely to catch up.

I had some great news today. Went to my Rosemary Conley class and received my 2nd stone certificate. 2 stone in 6 months, I am ever so slightly proud! hehe! Only 1-2 more to go and ill be at my ideal weight!
Anyway, I hope to make some cards tomorrow, and start getting back into regular blogging asap, im dying to get into my craft room! Its been a while!
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

Sharon Noble said...

your card is very pretty Lou, congratulations on the weight loss i need to do that too. I think crafting sometimes can be bad for us as we don't move around all that much while doing our hobby. Hope your having a fab week

all the best Sharon

Spyder said...

A really pretty wedding card, love the detail.
((Lyn))

Crissy Armstrong said...

That wedding card sure brought a smile to my face. A very gorgeous and cute creation for sure! I love the ribbon down the side with the added flowers, and of course the stamp is so cute!

Alysabeth said...

So cute:o)

Blog Archive